Yep, I’m back in the US but won’t be home until later today. But I’m not done!
I have at least a dozen posts remaining which I’ve begun and will continue with to update the site in the next week or so.
These will include:
- Two on Budapest
- Onboard food
- Dealing with money
- Flights and airports in Europe
- Wifi on the ship
- Staying healthy and, what, really, is an apotek???”
- An interview with a couple who combined “running” with a river cruise
- A post-cruise evaluation of what worked and what didn’t work well on my packing list
- An essay on whether river cruising is for you
- Overview of cruising with Viking, including the best as well as where and how I think Viking can improve
And, once back at the office I will scan each of the Viking Daily newsletters for this itinerary and post them.
The chef gave me the menus for all the dinners so they, too, will be scanned and I’ll put them here.
Plus, I’ll finally have the capability at my computer to add in the multiple galleries I’ve put together of photos of the trip (don’t miss my sure to be popular exhibits: “Doorknobs I Have Loved” as well as “Food Treats Held Aloft with Old Buildings in the Background”).
I continue to get questions from other river cruise newbies and I’ll post those as well as my—and your—answers to them.
To stay updated, click on the “follow” button over to the right. Since I am returning home after more than three weeks, I have to tackle work this week, too (egads, just imagine my desk!!!) so I’ll be adding these posts in fits and starts.
I’ve enjoyed hearing from so many of you and sharing what it’s like to take a river cruise. For those just planning your trips, be assured you’re in for a memorable adventure.
I have more to share!