Part Three: “Other” items for this 15-day river cruise, plus pre- and post-trip extensions:
- Money stuff (another post, I think…).
- ID and travel documents (backup as a PDF on iPads as well as left at home).
- Flat hair iron.
- Makeup, lotions, favorite shampoo—you know, the stuff to make you presentable. And, yes, I know Viking boasts l’Occitane products, but I’m not sure that’s going to be what my hair will like!
- Sunhat (collapsible).
- 8 small wire clips for hanging items to dry on shower clothesline. Also, two old-fashioned wire hangers to use for damp clothes on the clothesline, if needed.
- ZipLoc bags (3 gallon, 4 quart). These are travel wonders no matter where you’re going, but river cruise forum members said the large could be used for washing clothes (the sinks are said to be pretty small and not best for washing a few clothes items) and the smaller bags can help me spirit a few pastry/fruit/cheese treats back into the stateroom for between-meal munchies.
- Dr. Bonner’s liquid soap for laundry (I like the smell!).
- A small money belt. Another item I’m not sure I’ll use since there is a safe in the stateroom and my PacSafe hip bag is “slash proof” and has multiple anti-theft features, but maybe this’ll be what I need for “transport” days…
If you’ve read all three of these and you see something I’m missing, please tell me!